Princeton, NJ or Los Angeles; with regular travel to other CHDI offices including New York, NY
Job Reports To
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Program Manager, preferably with a background in managing contracts, oversight of budgets, and project planning in the biopharmaceutical sector, familiarity with a broad range of in vivo, in vitro, biochemistry and molecular biology techniques, and experience in the coordination and management of pre-clinical studies. In addition, the candidate should be very detail-oriented and have experience working with Ph.D. level scientists as well as with legal and finance teams.
The position offers professional growth opportunities, engagement in a new model of non-profit rare disease drug discovery, and an entrepreneurial work environment with motivated colleagues seeking an impact on the advancement of treatments for Huntington’s disease. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project/Program management experience
- A minimum of three years of experience in the conduct of research studies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology industry or academic setting
- A track record of self-motivation and “problem-solving” skills, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and proactively across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in written and oral communication, as well as computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of MS Project is preferred
- Ability to travel to CHDI offices as well as to domestic and international partners as work demands
- Work in partnership with Program Managers (PMs) to coordinate legal, financial, project management, and administrative tasks
- Work with PMs and Science Directors (SDs) to review scientific project workplan descriptions to be consistent with timelines, resourcing, materials and budgets
- Work in partnership with PMs and SDs to evaluate and optimize proposed budgets for new projects
- Liaise with collaborative partners to coordinate team meetings, follow up on action items and ensure that work plans are conducted in accordance with corresponding contracts and that deliverables are delivered on time and per allocated budget
- Work in partnership with PMs, SDs and collaborative partners to register materials, datasets, etc. in CHDI internal database
- Work with PMs and SDs on organizing and tracking shipments of Foundation Provided materials and project deliverables to and from various Foundation collaborators
- Assist PMs and SDs with the oversight and management of financial budgets and reporting
- Assist PMs and SDs with preparations and filing of reports and other project/program documentation
- Update and maintain project management documents such as resource, expenditure and deliverable trackers and file such documents in CHDI’s document management system. Work with PMs on entering relevant information in MS Project.
- Participate with scientific teams to formulate and implement strategies as needed, providing assistance with resource and budget estimates, timelines, and other administrative tasks.
- Work in partnership with PMs, SDs, and the legal department to prepare contracts with collaborators, including fee-for-service companies, academic institutions, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies
- Participate in monthly Program Managers team meetings and host selected meetings in accordance with the pre-established schedule
Send CV’s to email@example.com