Princeton, New Jersey; with occasional travel to the NYC and LA office
The CHDI Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to bring together academic and industrial laboratories, government agencies, and other funding organizations in the search for Huntington’s disease (HD) treatments. We focus on all aspects of drug discovery and development, including target identification and validation, animal model development, biomarker discovery and validation, lead identification and optimization, and IND-enabling preclinical studies, all of which will allow the Foundation to rapidly identify and develop treatment options for HD patients.
This position will report to a Vice President/Unit Leader and will be responsible for coordinating internal and external statistical modeling projects in HD.
- Have an advanced degree (Phd) in statistics, data science, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, biomedical informatics, bioinformatics or related fields and a strong interest in healthcare or biological research.
- Demonstrate the ability to
- Creatively apply statistical and/or data mining techniques in the context of cross-sectional, longitudinal clinical study data. Techniques of interest include: regression, analysis of variance, mixed effects modeling, causal modeling, clustering, random forests, SVMs, text mining, etc.
- Apply experimental design concepts to the planning of data mining, observational and interventional studies
- Code and analyze data in a one or more standard programming/scripting languages (e.g. R, MATLAB, NONMEM, STATA, SAS, Python, Perl, Stan)
- Learn new statistical/data mining techniques and programming languages as needed.
- Interpret methodological results and convey them to a non-technical audience in an easy and effective manner.
- Manage and clean data.
- Demonstrated skill in prioritization and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, initiate and work independently to address responsibilities
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Manage a portfolio of internal and external statistical modeling collaborations in support of CHDI’s clinical development efforts.
- Contribute to ongoing scientific dialog around the planning and execution of statistical and modeling efforts within the Foundation.
- Clean, manage and analyze data and communicate results as needed.